Small Group Training has quickly become one of the hottest trends in the fitness industry. Since we consider ourselves a “trendy bunch” here at Pumps, we decided to design and implement our own small group training program.
Most people are educated as to the numerous benefits associated with having professional instruction, structure, and accountability in their exercise programs. This type of instruction, typically done in a one-to-one format, does come at a higher price point. True, nothing beats one-to-one personalized instruction as the entire 55 minutes is devoted exclusively to the needs and goals of one individual. Unfortunately, due to the higher price points, some people find the one-to-one format cost prohibitive. Thankfully, through the grace of Pumps, there are alternatives!
Due to past failed experiences, many people have come to the realization that trying to reach their goals on their own never works. They need the critical components of personalized instruction, structure, and accountability. According to a recent study by the IDEA Health & Fitness Association, personal training clients are 42% more likely to stick with their exercise programs compared to individuals who attempted it on their own. Without the accountability, it’s simply too easy to make excuses and miss workouts. The individual ends up frustrated, disappointed, cranky and no better off than where they started.
Some of the benefits associated with Pumps Small Group Training:
- Cost: If one-on-one personal training packages are just a bit of a stretch for your budget, small group training provides an attractive and affordable alternative.
- Participants have been proven to exercise more regularly when they are part of a group.
- Being part of a group with a common goal can combat isolation, increase optimism about personal change, and enhance motivation. Camaraderie can be a powerful motivator.
- Not only is there a schedule to adhere to, but participants end up feeling that their fellow participants expect them to attend. They are more likely, then, to show up even when they may be feeling tired or stressed (what adult isn’t).
- Fellow participants often encourage each other to stay on track, compliment them on their efforts, and remark on their success.
- Participants are forced to stay focused by following the progressive programming set forth by the trainer.
- Fun. Believe it or not, doing the right exercise program with other women can definitely be fun.
- Results. When you stick with a well-constructed program, you will get results!
The variety of small group training programs offered by Pumps will constantly evolve as trends do change. The one constant we can guarantee is that you will always receive professional instruction, accountability and results!